Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Wedding And The Reno (One was great...one was a test of endurance...)

Don’t faint…Here I am after months of blog silence. Hello again! My main problem was just plain human nature. The longer I didn’t blog…the longer I didn’t blog. Gosh, I’ve missed you all, but I’ve been lurking for the longest time and I know lots of things that have been going on. ;-)   (Rach, I’m glad you’re feeling better, ALOHA, Em! and Hi Tom!)

I mentioned last summer(!!!) that I was busy planning my daughter’s wedding and living through a renovation. Both were accomplished - the wedding mostly without a hitch and the renovation with MANY problems. But at the end of the day, everything came together beautifully. My daughter and son-in-law’s gorgeous wedding was a total love fest. Everybody was happy and happy to be there. AND I now have a guest room where people staying over don’t have to practically walk into the kitchen naked to do their ablutions. They have their own PRIVATE bathroom. (The reno nightmare also included a revamped laundry room and powder room.)

Sooo….here are some wedding pictures. (I was going to show only a few, but no mother of the bride has that much self-restraint. I’ll get back to food blogging next time…Actually, I’ll probably share some renovation pictures too and THEN we can talk food!)  


         





                  




 




         

   


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm always up for more wedding photos! Thanks for sharing them. And the renovation looks great. We have been lucky in having good contractors (so far) but I think a kitchen reno is in the works and I am dreading it mightily.

Sue said...

Hi Tom! Thanks for the nice words. I really envy you getting a new kitchen, but I don't envy what it will take to get one. Hopefully, it won't take ages and YOUR contractor at least will know how to measure right angles.

mary demilt said...

Welcome Back :))

Sue said...

Thanks, darlin'!

Unknown said...

Truly the most amazing wedding! The renos are very beautiful too.